How to use this Resource Directory…

  • First, review the services listed below for agencies that might be able to assist you.
  • Second, choose the type of agency that you might need.
  • Third, review the services available in the county in which you live.
  • Fourth, call an agency and tell them what you need. The agency will answer your questions or might be able to advise you who to call for the services you need to assist you through your pregnancy, upon childbirth, and while your child is still dependent.

By calling or visiting the resources listed in this directory, you can find out about public and private agencies that offer medical, financial, and support services which might be available to assist you with expenses such as; housing, food, clothing, health care, legal aid, child care assistance, and educational opportunities. You also will find listings for adoption agencies that offer an alternative choice for unplanned or problematic pregnancies, possibly at no cost to the birth mother.  Some agencies have special eligibility requirements, so contact the agency you are interested in to see if you qualify for services.

Oklahoma Department of Human Services (OKDHS)

OKDHS provides a wide range of assistance programs to help Oklahomans in need including: food benefits (SNAP); temporary cash assistance (TANF); services for persons with developmental disabilities and persons who are aging; adult protective services; child welfare programs; child support services; and child care assistance, licensing and monitoring.  OKDHS also handles applications and eligibility for Sooner Care, the state’s Medicaid program offering health care to families with low incomes. To locate the DHS office in your area and determine your eligibility, look for your county listing or call:
405-521-3646 information and referral line
Or visit the website at: www.okdhs.org
www.okdhs.org/countyoffices  is the link for county offices.

  • DHS – Adult and Family Services 

       Adult and Family Services (AFS) staff provide access to programs and services that actively support safety, health, independence and productivity for children, adults, and families at risk or in need.
Or visit the website at: www.okdhs.org/services/adult

  • SoonerCare and Medicaid

SoonerCare, Oklahoma's Medicaid program, provides health care to children under the age of 19, adults with children under the age of 18, pregnant women and people who are older than 65 or have blindness or another disability.
        800- 987-7767 – SoonerCare Helpline
Or visit the website at: www.okdhs.org/services/health/Pages/Soonercare.aspx

  • Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)

Cash assistance is available to the family on a time-limited basis through TANF. The purpose of this federal program is to provide temporary support in meeting basic needs, training leading to employment, employment services and childcare assistance for qualified families with children.  
        866-411-1877 or 405-521-4391 main number
Or visit web site at: www.okdhs.org/services/tanf/Pages/TANFHome.aspx

  • DHS - Child Support Services 

Our mission at Child Support Services is to promote healthy families by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing reliable support while encouraging self-sufficiency and strengthening relationships. 
You may contact the Child Support Services by calling:
 OKC –405-522-2273
 Tulsa –918-295-3500
Or visit the website at:  www.okdhs.org/services/ocss

  • DHS - Child Care Services

Our mission is to assure Oklahoma families have access to licensed, affordable, high-quality child care where children have the opportunity to develop their fullest potential in a safe, healthy and nurturing environment.
Or visit the website at: www.okdhs.org/services/cc/Pages/ChildCare.aspx

If a pregnant woman is diagnosed with a fetal anomaly incompatible with life, there is an alternative to abortion.  Oklahoma Law (63 O.S. § 1-746.3) requires the State Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision to publish information regarding perinatal and palliative care services available should a woman choose to continue her pregnancy.

Perinatal Hospice and Palliative care is designed for parents who have received a diagnosis of a fetal anomaly that is incompatible with life and choose to continue the pregnancy, despite the possibility that the baby will die before or after birth.  Typically, with perinatal hospice and palliative care, a supportive team will work with the family as they make plans to care for the birth and death of the infant and through the postpartum period.  This supportive care may include maternal-fetal medical specialists, obstetricians, neonatologist, anesthesia specialists, psychiatrists, psychologists, or other mental health professionals, clergy, social workers, and specialty nurses who will provide clear and relevant information that is needed, such as:

Educational Support

  • Provide family with specific information about the unborn child’s diagnosis.
  • Help family know what to expect throughout the grieving process.
  • Offer private childbirth education classes and hospital tours.

Emotional Support

  • Provide grief support beginning at time of diagnosis.
  • Offer referrals for professional or pastoral care as requested.
  • Attend delivery at the family’s request to serve as an advocate and to provide additional emotional support.
  • Provide follow-up support throughout the bereavement period.
  • Refer family to a local bereavement support group.

Practical Guidance

  • Assist with a personalized birth plan that speaks to parents’ wishes for the labor and delivery experience and care of the infant at birth.
  • Provide coordination of services between different caregivers.
  • Assist the family with the collection and preservation of keepsakes.
  • Help the family plan a memorial service.


The Silas Program, Helmerich Women’s Health Center at Hillcrest – Tulsa
Includes perinatal, neonatal and postpartum support.

Be A Pal (Bereavement and Palliative Care) Committee at OU Medical Center, University of Oklahoma – Oklahoma City
Includes perinatal and neonatal support. 
405-271-8001, ext. 42085

National clearinghouse for information and referrals to perinatal hospice services

·     OptionLine call: 1-800-712-HELP (4357)
OptionLine provides information regarding pregnancy options and provides access to community resources that can assist a woman throughout her pregnancy, upon childbirth, and while her child is dependent.
Spanish speaking referrals are available upon request.
www.optionline.org or TEXT: 313131      

  • International Helpline for Abortion Recovery call: 866-482-5433

Trained phone consultants assess the caller’s needs and refer to local help centers and provide follow-up if requested.

  • Statewide 211 Community Resources Information and Referral Line (Bilinqual) call: 211

This community resources information and referral line offers information and referral across the spectrum of human need, including but not limited to rental assistance, food pantries, affordable housing, health resources, child care, after-school programs, caregiver support, financial programs, literacy, and job programs.
www.211oklahoma.org or TEXT “211OK” to 898-211

  • National Suicide Prevention Hotline  (Bilinqual) call: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

This service supplies trained crisis counselors.

  • OK Safeline - Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Hotline call:  1-800-522-SAFE (7233)

Safeline will inform you of your rights to assistance as a victim of domestic violence and/or sexual assault. They can instruct you and help by providing emergency shelter, advocacy in obtaining protective orders, and they might be able to assist you in obtaining medical care. It is important that you report a crime against you within 72 hours of the occurrence. Spanish-speaking interpreters are available upon request.

  • National Domestic Violence Hotline call: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)

This hotline provides, one-on-one support to each caller and online chatter, offering crisis intervention, options for next steps and direct connection to sources for immediate safety. Bilingual advocates are on hand to speak with callers, and   our Language Line offers translations in 170+ different languages.

  • National Sexual Assault Hotline call: 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)

Calling the National Sexual Assault Hotline gives you access to a range of free services including:  Confidential support from a trained staff member; Support finding a local health facility that is trained to care for survivors of sexual assault; Someone to help you talk through what happened; Local resources that can assist with your next steps toward healing and recovery; Referrals for long term support in your area; Information about the laws in your community; and Basic       information about medical concerns.

You should know that, if you choose to have your baby and find yourself weighed down or frightened by the prospect of being a parent, Oklahoma has a "Safe Haven" law. The law allows you, as a parent, to leave a baby seven days old or younger in a safe place and not return for the baby without fear of being charged with a crime, if the baby is not hurt. Safe places are any of the following:
A medical services provider
A Child Rescuer, which is any employee or designated person on duty at a:
Police Station
Fire Station
Child Protective Services agency
Hospital or other medical facility

Talk to someone if you feel weighed down or frightened about being a parent. Help is available. Contact a Child Rescuer at one of the Safe Place locations mentioned above or call:
BABY SAFE HAVEN a Toll-Free Crisis Line: 888-510-BABY (2229)

By calling or visiting the resources listed by county, you can inquire about agencies that offer assistance and support services through pregnancy, upon childbirth, and while your child is dependent, including adoption agencies that offer an alternative choice to unplanned or problematic pregnancies.
Some services might not be located in each county. If you are unable to locate a particular service within your county, you can contact the following service agencies and providers that will help you to find assistance as near as possible to where you live.

  • Adoption Service Agencies

Contact: Child Welfare Information Gateway
U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services
Administration for Children and Families
Call: 2-1-1 or the Statewide Community Resources and Referral Line listed in your county.

  • Child Care Resource and Referral Programs

You can find licensed day-care centers in your county by calling 888-962-2772

  • Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Agencies

OK Safeline 1-800-522-7233 (24 Hour-Toll Free)

  • The Oklahoma Department of Human Services (DHS)

DHS Referral Line 405-521-3646

  • The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH)

Referral Line 405-271-5600 or 800-522-0203 (Daytime Only)
Prenatal Care Hotline, 800-311-2229

  • Maternity Homes

Call: 2-1-1 or the Statewide Community Resources and Referral Line listed in your county.

  • Statewide 211 Community Resources Information and Referral Line (Bilingual)

Call: 211
This community resources information and referral line is available in many Oklahoma counties. Trained volunteers refer you to agencies in your community that can assist you with medical care, legal aid, housing, food, clothing, utilities, maternity and childcare needs, educational/vocational opportunities and more. Look under your county agency listings to see if this 211 service is available in your county.

  • Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)

Call: Statewide WIC Referral Line 888-OKLAWIC (655-2942) (Daytime Only-Toll Free)


If you are a citizen of an Oklahoma Indian Tribe, you may be able to receive assistance and services which might be available to assist you with expenses such as: housing, food, clothing, health care, legal aid, child care assistance, and educational opportunities.  Contact the tribe you are a citizen of to see if you qualify for services.

Absentee-Shawnee Tribe of
Oklahoma Indians

2025 S. Gordon Cooper Dr.
Shawnee, OK 74801

Comanche Nation
584 NW Bingo Rd.
Lawton, OK 73502
877-492-4988 toll free

Alabama-Quassarte Tribal Town
of Oklahoma

101 E. Broadway
Wetumka, OK 74883

Delaware Nation
31064 State Hwy 281 – Bldg. 100
Anadarko, OK 73005

Apache Tribe of Oklahoma
511 E. Colorado Street
Anadarko, OK 73005
800-246-2942 toll free

Eastern Shawnee Tribe of Oklahoma
12755 South 705 Rd.
Wyandotte, OK 74370
866-674-3786 toll free

Caddo Nation Indian Tribe of Oklahoma
Intersection of Highways 281 &152,
5 Miles east of Binger
Binger, OK 73009

Fort Sill Apache Tribe of Oklahoma
43187 US Hwy 281
Apache, OK 73006
877-826-0726 toll free

Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma
17675 S. Muskogee Ave.
Tahlequah, OK 74464
800-256-0671 toll free

Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma
335588 East 750 Rd.
Perkins, OK 74059
800-336-IOWA toll free

Cheyenne-Arapahoe Tribes of Oklahoma
100 Red Moon Circle
Concho, OK 73022
800-247-4612 toll free

Kaw Nation
698 Grandview Dr.
Kaw City, OK 74641
866-404-5297 toll free

Chickasaw Nation
520 E. Arlington
Ada, OK 74820

Kickapoo Tribe of Oklahoma
105365 South Hwy 102
McLoud, OK 74851

Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma
1802 Chukka Hina
Durant, OK 74701
800-522-6170 toll free

Kiowa Tribe of Oklahoma
100 Kiowa Way
Carnegie, OK 73015

Citizen Potawatomi Nation
1601 S. Gordon Cooper Dr.
Shawnee, OK 74801
800-880-9880 toll free

Miami Tribe of Oklahoma
3410 “P” Street
Miami, OK 74354

Modoc Tribe of Oklahoma
22 N. Eight Tribes Trail
Miami, OK 74354

Seminole Nation of Oklahoma
36645 US - 270
Wewoka, OK 74884

Muscogee (Creek) Nation
Hwy 75 & Loop 56
Okmulgee, OK 74447
800-482-1979 toll free

Seneca-Cayuga Nation of Oklahoma
23701 S. 655 Road
Grove, OK 74344
866-787-5452 toll free

Osage Nation
239 W. 12th St.
Pawhuska, OK 74056
800-320-8742 toll free

Shawnee Tribe of Oklahoma
29 S. Hwy 69A
Miami, OK 74354

Otoe-Missouria Indian Tribe of Oklahoma
8151 Highway 177
Red Rock, OK 74651
877-692-6863 toll free

Thlopthlocco Tribe
PO Box 188
Okemah, OK 74859

Ottawa Tribe of Oklahoma
13 South 69 A
Miami, OK 74354

Tonkawa Tribe of Oklahoma
1 Rush Buffalo Rd.
Tonkawa, OK 74653

Pawnee Tribe of Oklahoma
881 Little Dee Dr.
Pawnee, OK 74058

United Keetoowah Band of Cherokee Indians in Oklahoma
18300 W. Keetoowah Cir.
Tahlequah, OK 74465

Peoria Tribe of Indians of Oklahoma
118 S. Eight Tribes Trail
Miami, OK 74354

Wichita and Affiliated Tribes of Oklahoma
1 ¼ miles North on Hwy 281
PO Box 729
Anadarko, OK 73005

Ponca Tribe of Oklahoma
20 White Eagle Drive
Ponca City, OK 74601

Wyandotte Nation
64700 E. Hwy 60
Wyandotte, OK 74370
800-256-2539 toll free

Quapaw Tribe of Oklahoma
5681 South 630 Rd.
Quapaw, OK 74363
888-642-4724 toll free


Sac and Fox Nation
920883 South Hwy 99, Bldg. A
Stroud, OK 74079



The public and private agencies listed below can offer birth mothers an alternative choice for unplanned or problematic pregnancies. Services provided to the birth mother might include assistance with living expenses such as housing, food, medical care, and legal services, possibly at no cost to the birth mother. In addition, educational opportunities might also be available. Contact information has been provided if you decide to make an adoption plan for your unborn child. You may contact any of these agencies regardless of your current location within the state of Oklahoma for further information and assistance.

Adoption Affiliates
6136 E. 32nd Place
Tulsa, OK 74135
800-253-6307 toll free

Crisis Pregnancy Outreach
7807 E. 76th St.
Tulsa, OK 74133
Strictly open adoptions

Adoption Choices of Oklahoma – OKC
201 N. Broadway, Suite 107
Moore, OK 73160
800-898-6028 toll free

Deaconess Pregnancy & Adoption Services
8308 N. May Ave., Ste 100
Oklahoma City, OK 73132
800-567-6631 toll free

Adoption Choices of Oklahoma – Tulsa
36 E Cameron Street
Tulsa, OK 74103

Lilyfield Christian Adoption
501 E. 15th St., Ste. 400A
Edmond, OK 73013
918-346-6373 – Tulsa Office

Adoption Services of Oklahoma
109 N. Grand Street
Enid, OK 73701

Nightlight Christian Adoption
7929 E. 50th St., #D7
Tulsa, OK 74145

Catholic Charities – OKC
1232 N. Classen Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73106-6699
800-375-8514 toll free

The Gladney Center for Adoption
Oklahoma City, OK

Catholic Charities of Tulsa
2450 N. Harvard Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74115
918-978-4673 24-hr Hopeline



The Woman’s Right to Know Resource Directory lists the following public and private agencies and the services they offer that will assist you through pregnancy, upon childbirth, and while your child is still dependent. Look for the services that are available in the county where you live or the county where you would like to receive services. Some of these agencies and their programs have special eligibility requirements, so contact the agency you are interested in to see if you qualify for services.

Adoption Agencies
Adoption agencies offer birth mothers an alternative choice for unplanned or problematic pregnancies. Services provided to the birth mother might include assistance with living expenses such as; housing, food, medical care, and legal services, possibly at no cost to the birth mother. In addition, educational opportunities might be available. Public and private adoption agencies are listed if you decide to make an adoption plan for your unborn child. 

Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Agencies
Domestic Violence agencies often can provide shelter, food, clothing, crisis counseling, and referrals for transitional housing, health services, children/family services, legal resources, vocational/educational opportunities, advocacy support groups, and other programs that will assist a woman in domestic violence circumstances. These agencies might also assist a woman in rape crisis services.

The Oklahoma Department of Human Services (DHS)
The Oklahoma Department of Human Services (DHS) can provide financial help, food, and medical care to low-income Oklahomans. They can provide pregnant women with basic health care coverage, and children under 19 can be eligible for medical benefits. DHS can provide temporary support for meeting basic needs, training leading to employment, and day care assistance for qualified families with children.    

Oklahoma Health Departments
Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH)
Oklahoma City-County Health Department (OCCHD)
Tulsa Health Department (THD)
Each of these public health agencies provides pre-natal care services at selected health department locations to optimize the health wellness, and nutrition of pregnant women by promoting early and continuous pre-natal care.

Children First, Oklahoma's Nurse-Family Partnership is a voluntary family support program that offers home visitation services to mothers expecting their first child. Upon enrollment, a public health nurse works with the mother in order to increase her chances of delivering a healthy baby. In addition, the nurse will educate the mother about child safety and child development. The nurse can also connect the mother to needed services in her community such as childcare, housing and job/educational programs.

Other services provided by the health departments that might be of assistance to childbearing and childrearing families include:

  • Preventative physical and behavioral screenings and health services for children
  • Services for children with special health care needs
  • Child immunizations
  • Family planning services
  • Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases and HIV
  • Infant car seat programs
  • Screening for breast and cervical cancer
  • Referrals for services such as personal development, mental health or drug/alcohol treatment and domestic violence prevention might also be available.

Services are targeted for individuals or families who are uninsured or underinsured. Services might be free or on a sliding scale based on family size and income. Services will not be refused based on inability to pay for those who meet the eligibility requirements.

Pregnancy Resource Centers
Pregnancy resource centers (also called Pregnancy Crisis Centers) are non-profit service agencies that assist pregnant women and encourage continuation of a pregnancy. These centers offer a broad range of free services such as pregnancy testing, crisis pregnancy peer counseling, pregnancy education, fetal development and pre-natal care information, adoption referrals, and childbirth and parenting classes. They may also assist in providing maternity and infant clothing, diapers,

formula, baby food, and access to a network of public and private community programs that assist pregnant women with housing, food, medical treatment, legal aid, childcare assistance, and educational opportunities. Some of these centers offer on-site pre-natal health care.

Additional Agencies
Agencies that may offer services and assistance to a woman through her pregnancy, upon childbirth, and while her child is dependent.

(WIC) Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children
Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) provides nutritious foods for women, infants, and children, referrals to health and human services, breastfeeding support, and immunizations at some clinics. WIC has nutrition education programs that tend to emphasize the relationship between proper nutrition and good health, with special emphasis on the nutritional needs of pregnant, postpartum, and breastfeeding women, infants, and children.
Note: You may inquire about available services and providers, by county, at the statewide toll-free WIC  Referral line - 1-888-655-2942.

Free Ultrasound Imaging/Heart Tone Monitoring
The agencies listed under this heading offer free ultrasound imaging and/or heart tone monitoring that enable a pregnant women to view her unborn child or listen to the heartbeat of the unborn child.  Interested women may call one of the agencies for a confidential appointment.




The content on this site is provided for educational and informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Use of this website signifies your understanding of and your agreement to these terms.
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer